Over the past few months I have written a number of posts relating to HTTP that have attempted to clarify some of the lesser understood areas of the HTTP specification and provide some practical guidance.
Posts that are complete
- Everything you need to know about HTTP Header syntax but were afraid to ask
- The Insanity of the Vary header
The much maligned User Agent header
- Caching is hard, draw me a picture
- An HTTP Resource is a lot simpler than you might think
- Using Etags and Last-modified headers to improve performance with HTTP conditional requests
Posts that are on my backlog
- Conditional Request Handling
- Making Conditional Requests
- The connection header
- Range based requests
If there are posts in the backlog that you would like to see sooner, rather than later, feel free to ping me on twitter. If there are other areas that think would be worth exploring in more detail, let me know.
Image credit: Digging a big hole https://flic.kr/p/8c6zD5