Archives

Archives / 2013
  • Tavis.Link and dependencies

    I’m currently writing a bunch of media type parsers and have been struggling with the question of whether it is wise to take a dependency on Tavis.Link.  I do believe that libraries should be as loosely coupled as possible and I really don’t like libraries that have a big web of interdependencies.  Continue reading...

  • What? No Comments

    I’ve spent at least four hours today trying to get disqus working on this new Orchard CMS installation.  Still no success.  Once I have figured it out, I will re-enable comments. Continue reading...

  • A Mercurial changelog

    I need to write this somewhere or I’ll forget how to do it.  I’ve recently started using branches in hg for my target environments instead of using separate repositories as is recommended by Kiln.  I got a request to produce a list of changes that would be going into the next production release and knew there must be a way of doing it in hg.  This is what I found, Continue reading...

  • Experiments with Katana

    A few months ago I put up a site http://hypermediaapi.com with the intention of using it as place to aggregate links to all things hypermedia related. I built the site using Web API because a) I know how to use it, and b) I wanted to prove a point that a Web Site is really just a special type of Web API. Continue reading...

comments powered by Disqus